Daily Archives: June 13, 2014

Blacksmith Shop St. Jacobs

From the mid – 1800’s this building on the main street in St. Jacobs housed a blacksmith shop. It continued to function into the 1980’s when the last blacksmith, Jon Martin retired. The historic feeling of the shop has been pretty much preserved but these days other businesses are using the building.

Straw brooms are manufactured here and a few antiques are sold from the building now.

Click on any photograph to see it larger.

Leave a comment

Filed under Photographs